I've been sexually harassed, what are my options?

by admin on September 19, 2010

While I was at work today, I was grabbed by a female employee in my private area. This was not done by accident and I was outraged. I immediately reported the incident to my General Manager and he assured me that he would follow the company’s protocol about harassment in the workplace, but seeing first hand that the management over this store is lackadasical, I feel that this situation won’t be handled accordingly. I could really use some good advice on this matter so I’ll know what my options are. Thanx in advance.

Related Blogs


suzanne B September 19, 2010 at 11:55 pm

First, you did the right thing by reporting it to management. While it sounds like you don’t have much faith that they will follow-up properly, I would still wait a little to give them the chance. Then, talk to your general manager and see if a follow-up has been done. If it hasn’t, inform him that you are going to HIS manager etc. If all else fails, you can file a report and have the offender brought to court.

zippythejessi September 19, 2010 at 11:55 pm

Give your GM five business days to deal with the incident. If they do not address it in five business days, go over their head to whomever their boss is. (District or Regional manager.) Report the incident to that person and tell them you spoke to your GM today and nothing was done and you want the incident addressed or you’ll go to a lawyer. If that doesn’t get their attention, seek the advice of an attorney.

Pandora Tommorow September 19, 2010 at 11:55 pm

Go to the police station, they will tell u what to do.

lovpayne September 19, 2010 at 11:55 pm

Grab your yellow pages. There are usually lawyers who will give a free consultation on these kind of cases. This is a legal issue and your best chance for the correct kind of advice would be a lawyer here. I wish I could help more.

applechick282 September 19, 2010 at 11:55 pm

You could go over the GM’s head to the Area Director or whatever, or you could just hire a lawyer. Whatever you do, do it soon, otherwise people will ask why you waited to report it.

two_eighty_eight September 19, 2010 at 11:55 pm

Wait a few days for a follow up and if nothing seems to be getting done, go to the labour board. It may take a little longer, but at least you know that they’re doing something about it.

kayla b September 19, 2010 at 11:55 pm

I have went through something similar to that. The best thing to do is file a police report. you can press charges if you wish. The police will tell you to stay away from her and possibly get a restraining order, too.

fuad_enjoy September 19, 2010 at 11:55 pm

dont miss the oppurtunity, take revenge, go ahead, , ,goodluck

what? September 19, 2010 at 11:55 pm

When I read your question, at first I thought it was a joke because
as a woman, i don’t think i have ever met a man who didnt want his junk grabbed, but, you need to make your feeling known to this woman that her behavior was not acceptable and you didn’t appreciate her grabbing hands. as to your manager, If he or she doesn’t take action in a timley manner, you can always call corporate, and remember there is always someone in a higher position than the person in charge that you know of. if you need to go through the chain of command. Good luck, i hope that brazen hoe gets fired .

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: