Personal Injury Claim – Please, Can Anyone Help Or Advise Me.?

by admin on May 23, 2010

Five years ago, my husband was out in the company vehicle when he was hit from behind by another driver. He suffered a broken back and ended up having his lower spine fused and has been on pain meds ever since. He got compensation in the area of k. However, 2 years ago, another driver hit him again from behind, and ever since, my husband has been in agony. His surgeon claims that the second accident, "Might have aggrivated the injury a little", and the driver’s insurance company have made an offer of just k… which drops down to k after lawyer fees, etc.

We just feel as though we’ve been kicked in the teeth.. the second accident caused my husband to start having erectile dysfunction problems (he had no problems prior to the second accident) and our lawyer has suggested we take the claim to trial.

What I want to know is… what are our chances of getting a significantly larger offer than k, and would my testimony about the sexual dysfunction make any difference?
What if we lose at trial… would we still get the k regardless?
How can my husband prove that the problems started BECAUSE of the second accident… and how can the courts prove differently?

Please, only serious answers guys, as this is a really sensitive issue right now.

Related Blogs


Mark K May 23, 2010 at 2:29 pm

hire a tort lawyer and sue for millions

mark k

Chad B May 23, 2010 at 2:29 pm

My MIL was involved in a lawsuit a few years back, about 3 years I believe, well, I don’t want to get into details, but she was changed, um, sexually, so my FIL sued for that and he won about 30k on top of her lawsuit. I say take it to court, once you guys file the paperwork, they might be a whole lot nicer and want to settle at a higher amount. You would have to sue though for his erectile disfunction, he could sue for that also, but i know for a fact that you can sue. Good Luck, lawsuits are a pain and take forever. Listen to your lawyer, he sounds good.

Susie D May 23, 2010 at 2:29 pm

You can sue for loss of consortium – or loss of the services of your husbad due to this accident.

No one can guarentee what you will get at court – but $15K sounds very low ball. Talk to you attorney – and consider going to trial.

ASris May 23, 2010 at 2:29 pm

As to whether you go to trial or not is something only your husband can decide. Talk to your lawyer. How much of an award you get if any will be determined by the State you live in. You testifying may help.

Payner_20 May 23, 2010 at 2:29 pm

If i was you i would contact a solicitor that specialises in personal injury claims and road traffic accident claims.

Its free to get advice from them so talking to people who know the right answer will be better than talking to us. If not find a solicitor who works on a no win no fee basis.

The 2 sources below specialise in both the areas i have suggested.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: